October 25, 2011

A reply, but no answers

I replied to yesterday's email with my mailing address (as requested), but also asking what they meant by "not called for" and explaining that I received an email from them on 20th September asking for my passport, photos and the updated information chart.

Today...
Subject: RE: File: [my file number] [my name]
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:58:27 +0100
From: <re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca>
To: [my email]
Dear [my name],


Thank you for your e-mail. Your passport will now be re-sent to the address below.


Please be advised that you must sign for the package.


Yours sincerely,


ACD
BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

As I said to a commenter, this is actually a really good example of why I set up this blog – I’ve searched online and on various forums and still can’t find anyone who has been sent this email, but I know I can’t be the first!

3 comments:

  1. If the address originally supplied was your home address then I suspect that your postie may not have left a note asking you to sign for a parcel at your local depot?

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that's what it means, they're going to get a strongly worded letter telling them not to freak people out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and i was right *looks smug*

    glad it's worked out eventually but sorry you had to go thru the angst

    ReplyDelete