October 24, 2011

Confusion

Okay, now I'm worried! Just received an email from the CIC saying:
Subject: File: [file number] [my name]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:55:32 +0100
From: <
re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca>
To: [my email address]

Dear [my name],

This e-mail is regarding your application for permanent residence.


Please be advised that your passport was returned to our office marked "Not called for".

Please provide your correct mailing address for return of your passport.


Yours sincerely,
ACD
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni
I've searched online for what "not called for" means, but I can only find stuff about applicants not being called for an interview - nothing about passports. I've sent them an email and I'm off to search the British Expats forum. I thought it was all going too smoothly :(

4 comments:

  1. "not called for" ??? well that's not very specific! I hope everything is okay.

    I am a new follower looking forward to reading about your journey...I married a Scotsman but he is moving me to Bangkok...would much rather go to his hometown of Inverness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it!

    It’s actually a really good example of why I set up this blog – I’ve searched online and on various forums and still can’t find anyone who has been sent this email, but I know I can’t be the first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i used to work for royal mail, when a item is not collected from the office we put a sticker on it and indicate why it is being sent back, 'not called for' means the person it was addressed to did not pick it up..... there are other options like, moved, unwanted, fee not paid, ect

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I figured that out eventually! http://tartanandplaid.blogspot.com/2011/10/success.html

    If the CIC email had said that Royal Mail had marked it, I would have understood. But at the time, it seemed like they meant my actual passport had been marked.

    Anyway, I've got it now! :)

    ReplyDelete