May 23, 2011

Ready, steady, go!

We decided to avoid the possible Canada Post strike, so headed down to Staples yesterday and sent our paperwork off using DHL - £27.95 and it should be there on Wednesday.

I’m trying not to think about the actual paperwork, now it’s been sent off, as I know I’ll only panic about things I might have forgotten! The only thing that really worries me is that the GP filled in Tim’s details as the Principal Applicant, when the form actually has a box to tick for “same as above” i.e. me! I’ve added a wee note explaining the mix-up, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed the CIC will understand.

The CIC’s current processing times are 42 days to assess the sponsor, then 9 months for the applicant, although the average time on the British Expats Forum seems to be more like 4-5 months. I think the CIC estimates are more “don’t contact us within this time” times :)

Anyway, that’s the process started – eeeep!

3 comments:

  1. all the best of good luck.
    damn canada post - i'm waiting for UK passports to arrive back from processing in Washington DC so double grrrr. i've got plenty of time but i hate waiting for official documents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yeah, it's the waiting that's the killer! Even tracking our documents to Canada is nerve-racking - "ooh, they're in the East Midlands!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tracking - it's called 'living vicariously thru your mailed documents' :)

    ReplyDelete